There are 2 methods available for importing Mai Lifestyle Pro demo content:
- Automatic demo setup via our Mai Demo Importer plugin.
- Manual demo setup via xml/wie/dat files and public import/export plugins.
OPTION 1: Mai Demo Importer plugin
Note: Mai Demo Importer works best with a clean install of WordPress. If you already have a WordPress site setup and you want to remove all of you content and start over, you can use WP-Reset plugin to easily get back to a clean install.
- If possibly/applicable, optionally use WP-Reset to start with a clean install of WordPress.
- Make sure your chosen Mai Theme is the current and active theme.
- Download Mai Demo Importer by clicking the button above.
- Visit your Dashboard > Plugins > Add New > Upload and install/activate the plugin.
- The importer should get triggered automatically. If not, go to Dashboard > Genesis > Mai Demo Importer or click Launch Importer under the plugin name in Dashboard > Plugins list.
- Follow the importer instructions and you're all set!
OPTION 2: Manual Import
Importing the XML file
To import demo content follow these steps:
- Download the XML file for Mai Lifestyle Pro or Mai Law Pro
- Go to Tools > Import while logged in to your Admin Dashboard.
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Upload the file you downloaded above.
- You will be asked to map the authors in the export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- WordPress will import each of the posts, comments, and categories into your blog.
Please note that the WordPress (not Genesis) XML export/import process is not very good in its current form. Import only includes menus, pages, posts, categories, tags, comments. The images may not correctly import, and it does not include widget settings, menu assignment, or theme settings. You can import customizer and widget settings by following the steps below. This is not an issue with Genesis or the theme, but a constraint of WordPress itself.
Importing Demo Customizer Settings
- Visit your Dashboard > Plugins > Add New and install/activate https://wordpress.org/plugins/customizer-export-import/
- Download the customizer import file for Mai Lifestyle Pro or Mai Law Pro
- Visit your Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Export/Import panel and import the file.
Importing Demo Widgets
- Visit your Dashboard > Plugins > Add New and install/activate https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-importer-exporter/
- Download the widget import file for Mai Lifestyle Pro or Mai Law Pro
- Visit your Dashboard > Tools > Widget Importer & Exporter and import the file.